Will Apple Geniuses help me?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xXSL1MXx, May 11, 2011.

1. xXSL1MXx macrumors member

I have an iPhone 4 that I bought off of eBay. It came but with one problem. It has a jammed power button. You can still click it, but with some force. I heard that this is a problem that came with the newer made iPhone 4's. having checked its warranty status, it has Apple coverage that the person bought for it until June 2012. Will they fix it for me if I go in to the Apple Store or maybe even give me a new one? I currently do NOT have an account with it. It is not jailbroken or unlocked, it just says "No Service". Will they help me?

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

3. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I went in for a stuck sleep/wake button two weeks ago and they handed me a new (refurb) phone.

Why does it say no service? You may have to activate it under your plan first.

4. xXSL1MXx thread starter macrumors member

It says No Service because I don't have a SIM card for it. Doesn't mean it's unlocked, just no plan. I really hope they don't reject me service because I don't have AT&T.....

5. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

An easy way to guarantee that they won't would be to buy a simple prepaid GoPhone at Walmart and cut down the SIM card to size.

6. xXSL1MXx thread starter macrumors member

Would that work even though the phone isn't unlocked? I thought it had to have the data plan and everything...

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Just bring it in, you don't need a sim.
    Show them the problem and if they ask tell them you left the sim at home or inside your other phone.
    It's not like it matters.

8. xXSL1MXx thread starter macrumors member

9. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Good idea here.

10. Ponderous macrumors regular

Only way you'll know is to get in there and find out. Be polite and I'm sure good things will happen.