will apple give me a new macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by domo360206, Feb 22, 2010.

1. domo360206 macrumors newbie

i have a late 2007 macbook. and its falling apart from cheap build quality. here are some pictures. i have done nothing to cause these damages. at first i didnt care, but now its getting out of hand how many cracks are popping up from no where. anybody else seen something like this?

Attached Files:

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

All you can do is ask and present your case (no pun intended)

3. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

I read that apple was fixing these for people even if out of warranty, but someone posted they were done with that.

As macdawg said, just take it in. If that doesn't work, put a palm rest cover over it.

4. bryanc28 macrumors 6502

bryanc28

God, reading some of these posts about all of these cracks is awful. I hope all of you that have these cracks get them repaired. I bought the newest Macbook (my first mac!) last Monday & reading these after I bought it makes me worry about the future of my notebook...

5. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

The common cracking issue found with the older generations of polycarbonate Macbooks should have been eradicated with the introduction of the new unibody plastic Macbooks.

6. GeneKam macrumors regular

They might fix it, replace...definetly no. but they might, know to do so before but i am not sure anymore. I have to do same thing, mine cracked all over the place

7. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

They will replace the top case, no real questions asked. They won't replace the computer though.

8. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

They will replace the top case (palmrests, keyboard, trackpad, and surrounding areas) and the display bezel. They will not give you a new MacBook, as these are simply cosmetic issues that do not impede the functionality of the laptop.