Will Apple give me a new phone for one dead pixel?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by duelingdragons, Nov 18, 2008.

1. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

I just noticed it today while watching a video, but now I can't stop looking at it.. lol =(

I also have some major light leak on the left side.
    3G, I've had it since August.

2. winky132 macrumors newbie

They might. I received a replacement iPhone today and I immediately saw one spec of dust under the screen. I called Apple and they are replacing it.

Call them and let us know.

3. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Believe it or not a restore took care of my dead pixel. Try it out.

4. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Well, when I opened my iPhone, I immediately detected a most unwelcomed errant partial fingerprint on it, so I ceremoniously cast it into the deepest, darkest pits of hell. Then, Apple gave me a new one too. :p

5. pintnight macrumors 6502

OH MA GA!!!! A DEAD PIXEL!!! A single dead pixel that is.

Another case of OCD.

Sigh...

Yeah, go ahead, search my name and you will see me taking issues with OCD over stupid things like this.

I can understand if there were several dead pixel, but ONE pixel. Ugh.

My 30" LCD that I bought 2 years ago has about 13 dead pixel out of the box, but it doesn't effect me because the screen is not black, that mean I cannot see them.

I feel sorry for the apple support team. I really do.

6. GleenGould macrumors newbie

I'm sure they will. I had my phone replaced with one dead pixel.
    They said that if you have only ONE dead pixel, and if you are not happy with it... They will replace it without questions :)

Good Luck

7. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

They replaced my 2G iPod touch when it had one dead pixle.
    Then again, it was on the last return date.
    At least they didn't charge me a restocking fee. :D

8. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

Hrm. I buy something brand-new w/ a factory warrantee and I expect it to work 100%. I once sent back two 24" HP monitors due to dead pixels. It's not OCD, it's simply having every right to expect that a $400 or $800 item works like it's supposed to..

Apple customer support is very good. My Apple Care ran out about two weeks ago the rep told me, but they set up a fix anyway (at no cost) because "it's only two weeks" he said. They are very friendly, courteous and helpful.

9. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

This is probably why these phones cost $700. One dead pixel????

10. macaco74 macrumors regular

13 out of the box? It must have caught your eye if you counted 13 of them.

11. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

if its bothering you then im sure they would take it back. my screen is a little off on one side, not perfectly flush in the lower right corner, they said they would exchange it but id have to make an appointment. but i dont feel like going through the process. after i put on a screen protector it doesnt even bother me as much, i dont even notice it anymore.

12. Surely Guest

Surely

Apple replaced mine due to one dead pixel.

It was annoying, not OCD. Why should I have to live with it? A black dot on the top right of my screen that draws my eyes to it every time there is a white background? I'm sorry, but that's not acceptable.

To those above that choose to live with these flaws and criticize those of us that actually want our products to work properly- I guess you're just bigger Apple martyrs than we are. I don't owe Apple anything- except for the money that I paid for my product (so I don't owe them anything since I already paid).

Anyway, they replaced it within 5 seconds of me showing the genius.

13. duelingdragons thread starter macrumors 65816

Why do you feel sorry for them? If I pay $400 for a damn phone, I expect it to be perfect in every way. If there's a dead pixel, how is that my problem?

Take a deep breath there guy. And yeah... 13 dead pixels, if that doesn't bug you, then lucky to whoever the manufacturer of your monitor is.