Will Apple keep the same antenna design for iPhone5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Andronicus, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Andronicus macrumors 6502a

Since the iPhone 4 has received a lot of negative media coverage, do you think Apple will keep the same design for the iPhone5? It seems if they change it then they will be admitting it's a flawed design. On the other hand if they don't then the same issues will occur. Maybe they will add an invisible coating on the antenna, I don't know. I have had an iPhone since the 2G, but upgraded to the 3GS when it was released. I was so excited when the iPhone 4 was released, but now I think I will just wait for the iPhone 5. I'm the type that has never had a case on my iPhone and I'm not going to add a bumper/case to fix an obviously flawed (but beautiful) design.

Your thoughts?

2. wickedawesome31 macrumors member

Apple loves to prove people wrong. You can bet they'll be working hard to change the way people make antennas over the next year for iPhone 5. It'll be interesting if they keep a similar design.

3. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I don't think so, but of they do they'll at least be coated with a special material.

4. jdwebby macrumors newbie

Will probally keep the design but have a thin candy shell covering the outside of the sides. Lol :)

5. kuaiyouming, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  6. thermal macrumors regular

Hmm, if the iPhone 4G/5 antenna is redesigned significantly, it will just be further proof that Apple is continually re-evaluating and learning from their products. I can see Apple being astute enough to redesign it just based on this point alone, thereby creating a second generation of iPhone 4 whose antenna is improved.

7. glanv macrumors regular

I like what you did there thermal ^^^^

8. kuaiyouming, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I bet it'll have the same design just like 3G to 3GS.