Will apple know my ipod is jailbroken if its broken?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by revillug, Dec 29, 2010.

1. revillug macrumors newbie

Hey
    I have an ipod touch 4G jailbroken to 4.2.1 tethered, and is stuck in a loop of restarting and showing a white screen then restarting again. Im going to send it back to apple because i cant do anything and it might be a hardware problem.

If i send it to apple, i doubt they will be able to fix it but is there a way they could find out its jailbroken? or will they not bother and just send me a new one?

Or i can send it to amazon... but that will take about a month

thanks

2. dtblaze macrumors regular

3. wolfboy macrumors regular

Put it into DFU mode and restore back to stock. Connect it to iTunes and hold the power button+sleep button down until a message pops up on screen.

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

sounds like a software problem as a result of jailbreaking....not hardware:cool:

5. revillug thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Bacong, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2010

Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

This is why people who know what they're doing should be the only ones jailbreaking. You're wasting Amazon's time with a product that you messed with, and now you expect someone to fix it for you. If you had just DFU'd and restored, the device would be fine.

If you don't know what you're doing, don't jailbreak.

7. filfortugno macrumors regular

use redsnow(boot tethered), put ipod into dfu( hold power button and home button, until you see nothing on the screen but black, wait 2 seconds, and then release the power button while still holding the home button until redsnow recognizes it) it should kick it out of the loop.
    FYI:apple will def. see it was jailbroken regardless of whether or not you restore. I can tell you this because i work at the downtown apple store in montreal, canada.

8. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

The only way is if you change the baseband. I did it with an iPhone 3GS to unlock it.

I changed the baseband from 05. .... to 06. ... (iPad baseband) and it got ruined, non the less I sold it to a friend who went to Apple and they said they would change it for a new one but he would have to pay $200. Seems fair to me since it didn't have warranty.

9. revillug thread starter macrumors newbie

haha, it turns out its a hardware problem... ive tried restoring in dfu mode and recovery mode but the ipod will just restart through the restore, ive tried everything that you guys have suggested! thanks tho sent it to amazon as its a hardware problem

10. Sickkage macrumors newbie

Sickkage

Wow, all you had to do was re-jailbreak it.. Same thing happened to me.

11. revillug thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried that to :L

but it just kept showing a white screen and restarting, haha i have literally tried everything

12. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B118 Safari/6531.22.7)

I took a jailbroken (of course I didn't tell him that) iPod in reboot loop (cuz of the reset) but mainly for the light leak and the genius plugged in the iPod and told me "we don't normally replace for this issue" and gave me a receipt with what the refurb's price will be.