Will Apple launch a Limited-Edition/Commemorative/Anniversary iPhone?

AngerDanger

macrumors 601
Dec 9, 2008
Yes.

Most people here have inside knowledge and can personally confirm with 100% certainty what Apple will be doing.

:p

Comment

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Apple's not launching limited edition anythings. But they did have the red mac pro so thats as far as its going to go.

Comment

Crichton333

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2014
Apple's not launching limited edition anythings. But they did have the red mac pro so thats as far as its going to go.
Yea cant really remember what that red edition was for but it was not just a regular "limited edition". There was something special with that story.

Comment

iPodJedi

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2013
Apple Store, USA
Yea cant really remember what that red edition was for but it was not just a regular "limited edition". There was something special with that story.
It was for a charity acution for Product Red to help fight aids...

----------

Along with the red Mac Pro, they had golden EarPods!

Comment

iPodJedi

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2013
Apple Store, USA
Too bad they don't do the limited edition iPods anymore...they used to have hairy potter, U2, tony hawk, etc. iPods. That would be cool for iPhones if you could get it in a limited color/theme

Comment

HarryWild

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2012
If it is a limited edition, or other special title - it going cost 2X that of the regular edition. Just saying!

Comment

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
You not happy with the profits Apple is currently making. Like they need to make a limited to increase profits more than they already are. Will check my crystal ball, moment please, and nope not gonna happen.

Comment

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
After the TAM i don't think anniversary products are really something they do anymore...

Comment

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
Ask the wizard of oz
Oh I did, thank you, Oz said the anniversary iPhone will be out when the iPhone 10 gets introduced.

----------

Did you use one of these?

I have an appointment set for Saturday with the wee jee board master at Apple. Thanks for the suggestion.

----------

I just asked Steve Jobs, and he said yes.
I knew he was alive and living it up with Elvis. I'm glad you were able to connect with him.

----------

Yes.

Most people here have inside knowledge and can personally confirm with 100% certainty what Apple will be doing.

:p
I am as optimistic as you. Thank you.

Comment

Oohara

macrumors 68030
Jun 28, 2012
I was wondering if Apple will (ever) launch some sort of limited-edition commemorative iPhone marking their anniversary?
I'd like these, please:

2G reissue with platina/onyx back and iP6 specs

Newton reissue with iP6 specs + ultra hires screen with a switch to go green monochrome & old school UI

Now that **** would sell (I would buy both lol) :apple::cool:

Comment

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
I'd like these, please:

2G reissue with platina/onyx back and iP6 specs

Newton reissue with iP6 specs + ultra hires screen with a switch to go green monochrome & old school UI

Now that **** would sell (I would buy both lol) :apple::cool:
OMG! That would be awesome. I'm all for retro casing with iPhone 6 specs, BUT I'd want this, here you mentioned, on a 4.7 screen - AWESOME!!! :eek: Shocker if it were EVER to happen.

Comment

cambookpro

Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I think the nearest Apple get to limited editions are Product Red, as they are only available from Apple.

I don't really think they'll do any 'proper' limited editions any more, as it doesn't really make sense for them to do so when a normal iPhone is probably cheaper to make and sells by the truckload.

Comment

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
I think the nearest Apple get to limited editions are Product Red, as they are only available from Apple.

I don't really think they'll do any 'proper' limited editions any more, as it doesn't really make sense for them to do so when a normal iPhone is probably cheaper to make and sells by the truckload.
I was hoping for even a different color in limited amounts.

Comment

jlsm511

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
KMIA
Doubt it, outside of some iPods, Apple hasn't really done limited edition stuff lately.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.