will apple let you return a custom MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by xkmkmlmx, Apr 13, 2011.

1. xkmkmlmx macrumors newbie

I recently bought a MBA online from the apple store. I added 2gb of ram as an upgrade. I have had it for about a week now and while I do like the physical aspects (extremely light and thin, fast booting etc), it is just unfortunately a bit too underpowered for me.

When I read the returns policy before I bought it, it seemed like they would still take it back. But when I went online right now to initiate a return it says I am ineligible to do so and need to call.

I realize they might want me to talk to a live person to return a high priced item, but I am just wondering what to expect. Especially if they're going to say no.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

http://store.apple.com/us/help/returns_refund?mco=MTM3NDgyOTE

That is the policy in US store but from what I've seen, it's the same in all stores.

3. xkmkmlmx thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, thanks for the reply. I have read the policy. I guess I should have asked "has anyone had an experience where they've returned a custom order".

Like I said, it seems likely that they WILL take it back, but I was just wondering if anyone knows for sure.

4. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

i had to do the same thing it said ineligible just call up say you want to initiate a return and they will send you an email to print the return label and ship it off.

5. jhatz macrumors member

See how most stores stock the 4GB models new, there shouldn't be an issue returning it.

6. xkmkmlmx thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I will call them up tomorrow. :)

7. fyrefly macrumors 6502a

I've returned a 4GB of RAM Model to Apple before, no questions asked.

Make sure it's within 14 days of purchase tho.