Will Apple make more iPhone Apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrkgoo, Sep 19, 2008.

1. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

So far all I see is Remote and Texas Hold'em. Do you think Apple will make some more apps themselves? Or just leave it to developers to make the apps, so they can reap the benefits? what kind of Apps do you think Apple are working on if you think they are?

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I think Apple may make some other Apps. They will probably make them for marketing purposes though. It will likely be designed to help sell more phones, music, movies, etc. Steve says "ooooo look at what you can do with you iPhone now. Doesn't it make those of you that don't have one yet want one."

3. i0Nic macrumors 65816

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

5. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

A native app to stream content from my iTunes library to my phone would be nice. Even if it only worked within the same network, I'd still be down with that.

6. pavvento macrumors 6502

It will be interesting to see not only if they make new apps, but how they distribute them. Will they automatically be included in firmware updates the way the iTunes store and contacts app were, or will they be available through the app store the way remote was?

7. ajthomason macrumors 6502

Sounds like what you actually want is an update to the Remote app that enabled the iPhone as an Air Tunes device (Like the Airport Express or Apple TV) and then you could play music on your mac/pc while it plays through your iPhones speakers.

8. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

One of mine doesn't work :confused:

(Sorry, couldn't resist ;))

9. macbookhamburg macrumors regular

well simplify media works just great for that ... even over edge ... !
    you can stream up to 20-30 libraries so just one of your friends needs to have his computr on and you get a lot of extra content !

as far as the airtunes thing goes...
    since the speakers of the iphone are not that good in my opinion i wouldn´t use it in my home as long as i have other options !

10. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Yeah ... Orb is pretty good too.

But something native would be really nice. "Just 'cause" hah.

11. Scallywag macrumors regular

I'd like to see them make a virtual click wheel app or plug-in for the iPod...the touch thing is nice, but I do miss the old click wheel, admittedly. Couldn't be that hard to do, right?

12. ajthomason macrumors 6502

:)

Well, you could use headphones...

It was just an easier option to making a whole new app as the other guy suggested.

13. njpodder macrumors regular

My thoughts exactly. Inside the home on my own wi-fi network, I have plenty of better sounding options than the iPhone speaker or headphones, and outside the home, well Simplify Media works wonders for that purpose and I even get to share music libraries with friends. I can, however, see one or two instances where you would want it to work over only wi-fi.

14. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

I'm waiting for them to make a NOTES APP because the first one they made doesn't synch with the Mac/PC :confused:

Is there a way to remove (not move) the NOTES APP from the home screen without jailbreaking ? I don't use it because for me it's useless

15. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

And how about a damn to do list that syncs with iCal/Mail or Outlook. I mean, come on!

16. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

Oh yes, I forgot about that one, To-Do-List reminds me of the windows pocket pc days :)

NOTES and To-Do-List worked so well in those days. Steve should call Bill and ask him how to sync with notes and to-do-list. This would be a great Ad for microsoft :D

17. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

Hopefully they will also concentrate on adding additional functionality to their existing app.

Like above - notes and to dos etc. that sync.

Also I would like to see the photos app be able to show the geotagged info associated to photos on a map.

18. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

19. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

I have 2 microphones instead of 2 speakers :(:confused::eek: But only one microphone works and the other one has reversed itself into a speaker PLZ HELP