Will Apple Make new iPad for European 4G?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by toke lahti, Mar 10, 2012.

1. toke lahti macrumors 68000

Maybe next summer when demand for current model gets lighter?

2. rman726 macrumors 6502

Likely will have to wait for the 4th generation iPad.

3. ConnorTurnbull macrumors 6502

4. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Ummm . We an vote all we want, it's apples decision. Unless there is some standardization of 4G globally , no apple will not. They are not going to make iPads for home countries

5. rbrian macrumors 6502a

rbrian

They will eventually - but it isn't really worth it at the moment. Europe has faster versions of 3G than the US - not far off current 4G in the US. In a year or two, when there is more 4G in Europe, and the standards have been confirmed, then we will undoubtably see it.

----------

Another point to note - the new iPad supports DC-HSDPA, which is as fast as 3G gets, and faster than my home broadband!

6. MacAttacka macrumors 6502

4G networks are about 3-4yrs away minimum in Europe. The networks standards are totally different to the US. In fact the 4G LTE model runs on the bandwidth that Freeview operates in the UK. It will never ever work on any future European 4G network. You're looking at the 7th Gen iPad that is 4G Euro/worldwide compatible.

7. profets macrumors 68040

I think they'll bring european LTE support when it's economically and technically feasible.

It looks like later this year there will be a chipset available that can operate on multiple LTE bands, and who knows, maybe even the AT&T and Verizon models will become one along with LTE support for europe and asia.

8. toke lahti thread starter macrumors 68000

Funny that lots of people across all discussions are blaming 4G for not being "standard". Majority of people seems not to know how ITU-T works trading the frequencies and making the standards.
    Pretty strange that there still are no multi band 4G modems available.
    No better situation than when 3G was new. I'd have guessed that this time would be different.
    And no, Europe is not 4-5 away from 4G. Some countries already have rolled out "real" 4G (LTE) and others will follow.
    Majority of Europeans will be in 4G coverage in new iPad's lifetime if you use it let's say 3 years.
    Some parts won't have 4G for a decade. Same thing in US.

Oh well, I'm getting wifi model, nevermind the GPS...