Will Apple Music have non-Western music?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by SHNXX, Jun 10, 2015.

1. SHNXX macrumors 68000

I was wondering if Apple Music will have non-Western music, such as Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Indian, etc etc.
    Given that Asia is Apple's largest market, it'd be interesting if Apple Music plans to offer music from these diverse regions.

2. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

3. luke lau macrumors regular

luke lau

Chances if it's on the iTunes Store it'll be on Apple music

4. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

Yes, but probably not in the US. Region locked to those regions, just like there are many songs on Japanese iTunes that aren't in the US.

As Apple states, if you have your own content, this will uploaded to the cloud and you can listen to them as part of AM (it's like iTunes Match).

5. SHNXX thread starter macrumors 68000

Well, I hope not.

6. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

It shouldn't be an issue because most people who listen to Japanese, Korean, etc music...already have those tracks in their personal collection and Apple will just upload those to the cloud so you can stream them with AM. Those genres can be very niche (such as obtaining tracks from a non-popular anime). Heck, even I have a hard time finding OSTs for most Japanese games and they are certainly not on Spotify.

7. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

I hope there will be Beat 2 or Beat 3 for those international music for us, at the very least.

8. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

9. SHNXX thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah I guess that's true for most people but for others, it's a big issue since they listen to music from many languages and cultures.

10. frankdogg macrumors regular

frankdogg

Considering you can already purchase a huge selection of Kpop on the U.S. iTunes Store, I'm am pretty confident it'll be there.

In terms of international radio, I don't think you'll have a 24/7 live radio like beats 1 for international music.