Will Apple Music's horrible UI be the crutch that doesn't make it take off

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by mashinhead, Oct 6, 2015.

1. mashinhead macrumors 68020

The UI on Apple Music is one of the worst things I've ever seen. It is downright horrendous. And it's because of two bad decisions:

1. Despite signing up for Apple Music as a monthly subscriber, they are still at the same time trying to sell you music from the iTunes Music store. This just doesn't work, it makes searching harder than it needs to be.

2. Just continually adding stuff to iTunes, without any consideration, until now it has become bloatware. I'm starting to think iTunes should become 3 separate programs, Music, Movies, and Apps, because they've really complicated the entire process needlessly by just overcomplicating everything.

2. Tech198 macrumors G4

i think it goes way deeper than just the UI... but ya, u'd be correct.

Steve jobs said back when said music streaming service was a terrible idea..

To this day, he is correct on that one... Apple is crashing and burning.. Although i an testing AM in a new AppleID, i haven't had it long enough to notice any issues so far, but its only been 4 days running.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

So you'd need to go into three separate apps to setup how you want everything to sync to your devices?

4. Tech198 macrumors G4

5. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

I use iCloud/Match. all my syncing is done wirelessly. Your question brings up two points that support my statement.

1. Syncing via iTunes isn't necessary anymore.
    2. You're iOS device seperates all these things, there is a separete app for music, videos, podcasts, itunes u, etc. The do not all live within one app.

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

To sync my photos from iCloud would cost me $120/year (for an iCloud storage upgrade big enough told my Photos library). To sync all of my custom-ripp'ed stuff in iTunes would cost me $25/year (for iTunes Match).

... so, I still sync with a cable. :)