Will Apple reject my app?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by pdube, Jun 28, 2011.

1. pdube, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011

pdube macrumors newbie

I am building a service which will be accessible by web so that the broadest audience can be reached. It's a service where you will have to buy to get access to a one-time service. If you need the service again the next day you have to buy again. The service will be sold 0.99$. On the web, I'll be taking the payment using PayPal Pro.

Then I wish to make an iPhone app to integrate the same functionality with in-app purchase. I am wondering if Apple will reject my application because I am also taking payment on the web using Paypal. If so, I could prevent an iPhone user to pay on the web and force him to use in-app purchase. Should that be OK with Apple?

Paul

2. boyplunder macrumors regular

boyplunder

You don't say what the service is or what the customer is actually buying, but I would guess that, unless the app had something worthwhile to offer other than a link to your website, they will reject it.

We've heard of many apps rejected for having no real worth or use, and promoting or servicing a website has been one such case.

3. soco macrumors 68030

soco

I think he's just trying to not make it seem like he's promoting. I'm curious about it too :)

4. pdube thread starter macrumors newbie

Without saying too much about the service now, let's just say that the customer is buying a reminder service so that he knows what's the status of its job and how much time it will take to complete.
    It's really a business to consumer service. I want to build the service so that businesses use it.

So, it's really a service I'm selling.
    What's your say about it then? I mean do you still think Apple could reject it?

5. chown33 macrumors 604

Apple can reject anything. For any reason. You may have an appeal, but you still have no guarantees of any kind at all.

So yes, I think Apple could still reject it.

6. Luke Redpath macrumors 6502a

Their is nothing to stop you from using PayPal outside your app as long as you use IAP in app.

7. pdube thread starter macrumors newbie

OK! That's what I wanted to know! Thanks!