Will Apple Release a Cheaper Air?

wickerman1893

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2008
Doubt it with the updates just 2 months ago. Apple usually doesn't "randomly" drop their price that out of sync with regular schedule.

Seamaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2003
They just knocked $100 off several variants of the Air last month. It'll be a while before they do so again.

Isira

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2012
No, considering that most of the competing Ultrabooks are inferior to the Air, with the exception of perhaps the Asus Zenbook and Samsung Series 9 which are about the same price or even more expensive than the Air.

Anoxy

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2009
I'd rather not start an entirely new thread, so would buying a fully loaded 2012 MBA for school this fall be a smart move, or do you think Apple will release an updated retina display equipped version soon?

TheRealDamager

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2011
I'd expect a 13" rMBP in the not too distant future, but I doubt we'll see a retina Air that quickly - maybe next year.

rick3000

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
West Coast
No, Apple has never had a laptop below $900. People are willing to pay for the quality, Mac's tend to last longer than PC's. Apple is a business and they do not care about the low end because the profit margin is too small.

Apple has said time and again they will not sell inferior products just to get a lower price point. Why diminish your reputation and cut into a high margin product like the iPad?

Nova Sensei

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2012
No, Apple has never had a laptop below $900. People are willing to pay for the quality, Mac's tend to last longer than PC's. Apple is a business and they do not care about the low end because the profit margin is too small.

Apple has said time and again they will not sell inferior products just to get a lower price point. Why diminish your reputation and cut into a high margin product like the iPad?
Perfect summary.