Will Apple release better drivers for GMA X3100?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by asdfTT123, Nov 14, 2007.

1. asdfTT123 macrumors regular

Nov 1, 2007
    As I recall from multiple sources the current drivers on Leopard for the X3100 are poorly optimized. Will Apple release newly updated/optimized drivers for the new SR Macbook soon? Although I don't plan on any gaming, it would be nice for smoother leopard effects and GPU intensive applications.
  2. macdim macrumors 6502

Oct 16, 2007
    They probably will, but regarding the effects in Leopard, it isn't all due to the graphics drivers. People on Mac Pros running higher end cards than the MacBook (by a long shot) have had slow effects. Leopard is still in its infancy, and the effects will be optimized as new release come out.
  3. smadder macrumors member

Apr 28, 2006

I don't see how they couldn't. I'm in the same boat. Midline 2.2 white SRMB, but I tricked it out w/ 4GB RAM & a Hitachi 7200, 200GB HD (I just migrated them from my old MBP to the MB) and it does look better than the MB 2.16 I use at work, but not by much. Interestingly enough, running vista's native MS drivers for this chipset is REALLY good. It's noticeably better. So, here's hoping that new drivers/Leopard updates will improve this soon.