Will Apple Release iPhone 4S Or iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone5expert, Jun 28, 2011.

1. iphone5expert, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011

iphone5expert macrumors newbie

today CNNmoney predicted two new iPhones one, iPhone 5, to match the iOS 5 operating system Apple unveiled to developers three weeks ago and a speeded-up iPhone 4 rather than a major re-design, have been calling it the iPhone 4S. What you guys think about this predication? will this happen?

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

I'm not sure if you're trolling or trying to promote your forums.

If neither, can I suggest we bring this discussion to one of the existing threads?

3. korndawg macrumors regular

5. 4S makes no sense with iOS 5 coming out this fall.

4. iphone5expert thread starter macrumors newbie

I have put my forum links on my own signature complying with forum rules. This topic is not intentionally to promote my forum, but to discuss a hot topic which is being talking in social media across the world. [being discuss in twitter]

I am experienced web master with more than 2-3 years and I know this kind of forum posting will not bring users as much as some stupids thinks. But putting such links will boost out SEO rank.

I have see many people contributing to this forum and i am also a enthusiast to contribute on. but I will put my links on my signature as i am not just stupid to waste my time for nothing!

5. Orion126 macrumors regular

6. iphone5expert thread starter macrumors newbie

My opinion is this is possible to occur. Some sources predict both of this iphones will come in same month but I do not guess so, two new release in same month? it will not happen! But as many twitter updates are predicting it may be iPhone 4S release in September and iphone 5 on later day, may be in 2012

they wanted to release a competitive device for Google Nexus 4G which is to be released in thanksgiving days, but it should advance at least one and half month before it comes to market. And also may be wanted a new device to release iOS5 with iphone series

I want your opinions also

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I don't understand why people keeping calling it the iPhone 4"S". It will be the iPhone 5, the 5th iPhone. The only reason why the 3GS was called that was to final fix the name difference.

iPhone 1 = 2G
    iPhone 2 = 3G
    iPhone 3 = 3GS
    iPhone 4 = 4
    iPhone 5 = 5

It only makes sense.

8. iphone5expert thread starter macrumors newbie

Good point Mlrollin91!, but even tech geeks contributing and discussing about iphones use this term

We can not just give iPhone 5 name to a just speed up upgrade, it should come up with lot of significant upgrades to be call the next generation. I think that is the reason behind these terms

9. davelanger macrumors 6502a

So a new chip, probably a better camera, a fixed antenna, and a new OS are not enough to call it the iphone 5?

Really?

10. iphone5expert thread starter macrumors newbie

Definitely the phone with new OS will be called iPhone 5! speeded-up iPhone 4 rather than a major re-design, will be calling the iPhone 4S

11. davelanger macrumors 6502a

It won't be called the 4S because that would just mess up the number system again. Its the 5th gen iphone and it will be on iOS 5

So it will be called the iphone 5. It would stupid to call the 5th gen phone, that runs ios 5 the 4s.

And it will be a resign, they are not going to go with the glass back again, it will be metal or plastic again.

12. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

I think there's going to be an external design change. Why? Because the iPhone 4 is ergonomically bad to hold, it had bad publicity through the whole Antennagate, Proximity sensor, cracks on glass, white iPhone, etc.

External design = iPhone 5, even though it's the internals which really matter.

how i hope that the iPhone 5 will look somewhat like this:

[​IMG]

13. iphone5expert thread starter macrumors newbie

@davelanger, let us see what will happen! Apple will soon announce officially! then rumors will solved!

14. davelanger macrumors 6502a

IMO the iphone 3g/gs had the best look of any iphone.
    If they went back to that design with a bigger screen and the internal updates, I think most would be happy. And the next phone cant get thinner. Im not sure who thought that thinner was better for a phone.

I want to be able to grip my phone when talking on it. The phone 3 also had the perfect thickness.

15. Aduntu macrumors 6502a

Aduntu

Three whole years? Impressive.

16. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Would be interesting if they dropped the 3G, upgraded the CPU and camera on the 4 and sold it as the 4S and sold a redesigned bigger screen 5 all in September.

So let it be written, so let it be done. :apple:

17. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

They will release an iPhone. Who the **** cares about the name? I've personally come up with about a thousand different names in my head in the course of 5 minutes doesn't mean I'm going to make a thread about the difference of 1 or 2 characters. It will be an iPhone and it will be great regardless of what magical BS is thrown into it. /Thread:D:D:D:D:D:apple::apple::apple::rolleyes:

18. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

I'm with you, bud.

19. iFiend macrumors 65816

Stopped right there

cred = 0

20. kilidar macrumors member

I think/guess apple will release both, an iPhone 4s which is a slightly enhanced version of the 4 for about half the price and an iPhone 5 with a major changes that will sell for the same price of the current.

21. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Here's what BGR has to say about it today.

http://is.gd/0aR5vF

Certainly not surprising but rather flat.... more waiting before the iPhone 5 appears.

A missed opportunity for this years holiday selling season, that's for sure.

22. korndawg macrumors regular

23. VeganHipster macrumors regular

Aren't you the iPhone 5 expert? Shouldn't you already know these things?

24. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Therefore your point is?

25. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

Yeah, and here is what they said yesterday:
    http://www.bgr.com/2011/06/27/apple...aid-iphone-model-in-september-analyst-claims/

It's ALL just speculation for heaven's sake! No one this side of Cupertino knows what they are really going to do so all of this gloom and doom is ridiculous.
    As far as what to call it, I don't care if they call it Larry!
    I'll either buy it because it's enough of an improvement over the 4 or I won't because it isn't... but until the release, there isn't anyone on this site who knows or could talk about it if they did!