Will Apple release Smart Case made of leather?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by oneapplegeek, Jun 15, 2012.

1. oneapplegeek macrumors regular

oneapplegeek

I search for a case that covers both the front and the back, and Apple just released a new Smart Case. The price is okay, and it has an Apple logo on the back, so it's really attractive. I see Smart cover was in leather, so I wonder if smart case is also gonna be released in leather. Or do you know any other cases made of leather, especially suede? I know Leinwand (http://www.spigen.com/tablets/apple/the-new-ipad/the-new-ipad-leather-case-leinwand-series.html) is on sale in SGP, but it's kind of pricy for me. I want several cases, instead of one expensive case. Apple's smart Case is just right on my budget.

2. -TYLER macrumors regular

The new apple smart case is very loose fitting, and feels extremely cheap. I wouldn't recommend it for $50. That SGP case is very good quality though, or look at something like the casecrown omni carbon fiber case it is only $25 with a coupon code and is better than the smart case.
    http://www.casecrown.com/ipadn/omni/case-carbon-fiber-black

3. glen e macrumors 68030

4. Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

I'd also like to see a leather version. In the meantime, Piel Frama is the best alternative IMO.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I'd love a leather version too, but I doubt they can make the back in leather. And if they could, they'd probably charge $99 for it, lol.

6. xraytech macrumors 68020

7. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I'm going to guess that if they were going to, they would have announced it at the same time. No need for a staggered release. While they could change their mind certainly, I bet they won't. And if they had manufacturing issues with leather resulting in their delay, I'm thinking they would have at least announced it at the same time.

8. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

If the leather's as poor as the Smart Cover, who'd want it?

And it would be even more absurdly overpriced.

9. oneapplegeek thread starter macrumors regular

oneapplegeek

What I remember is that Apple released leather smart covers a while later than the polyurethane ones were released. I wish the material would be the suede one, but if not it would be at least light brown leather case :/ Does anybody know any other cases made of suede?

10. GeorgeN111 macrumors regular

I don't think they will bring out a leather one, if they did, many would just opt for another leather case for 1/4th of the price i am assured. I would love a leather Smart Case, but plenty would just opt for a Yoobao or something similar.

11. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I think you are remembering wrong. I remember that the leather and poly covers were all released at once -- from the very beginning, the ads for the smart covers showed all ten colors, 5 leather and 5 poly. I also know I preordered a leather smart cover at the same time I ordered my iPad 2, the very first day they were avaiable for preorder, and they all arrived together.

12. oneapplegeek thread starter macrumors regular

oneapplegeek

Ahh okay! :) Then, they may not release smart case in leather since they didn't from the beginning. :D

13. oneapplegeek thread starter macrumors regular

oneapplegeek

do they have a case made of suede material? It looks nice, but i'm more into leather ones :)

14. bushido Suspended

bushido

DONT buy the Smart Case, i just got mine and i'm SHOCKED that apple would release such a horrible thing. i'm sending mine back asap.

the edges are very uncomfy too hold, my fingers were starting to hurt after 5 minutes and it sits loose. i was like "is this case even made for the iPad 2?" the ipad is moving around in it like crazy. you can even look through on top of it because there's so much space between the iPad and the case.