Will apple release the Haswell rMBP ths Sept 10th ??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JorgeLomeli, Sep 2, 2013.

?

Will Apple release the new Hasswell rMBP @ Sept. 10 event?

Poll closed Sep 9, 2013.
  1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. NO

34 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. JorgeLomeli macrumors regular

JorgeLomeli

To all the experts here on Macrumors... based on previous years, or based on your own experience. How many of you think apple will release the new Hasswell rmbp next week?

I mean, is there a REAL posibility? or am i just a dreamer wanting that to happen with all my heart.

Lately, all i see here and there, is just rumors and leaked pics about the "fabulous" new iPhone 5C and S and not a SINGLE rumor about the rMBP :(

i had my "heart broken" back in june :p when apple was supposed to release the hasswell mbp, and even though my heart is stronger now :rolleyes: i dont know if i could "resist" another crush in my life :D

What do you think guys? Are we going to see the new hasswell rmbp next week? :( .... i REALLY hope so

2. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I hope so. If not then we only have 1 more month max. But I'd be ready to buy on the 10th.

3. iPoopeh macrumors regular

iPoopeh

As much as I'd like to be positive for the people that are waiting... I'd have to say no. September 10th is an event for the iPhone (and perhaps the iPad's as well). But we shall know what shall happen next Tuesday! :apple:

4. Stef4n macrumors regular

5. Atomic Walrus macrumors 6502a

iPhone and iPad will get their own separate events. These are both big deals for Apple, so spreading them into two events makes sense (also been confirmed by everyone's favorite "nope" guy).

The rMBP gets a nearly silent efficiency refresh. It'll literally be the biggest deal ever for a certain set of power users (me!), especially with Mavericks doing the same thing (more core efficiency upgrades).

It also won't make a good media event, so it's just going to piggyback on one of the two. With school starting I'm certain Apple wants that 13" rMBP out there as soon as possible, so from that perspective I'm saying semi-silent refresh at the iPhone event.

This may also reduce the "meh" factor of this event. Let's remember that this "S" business is really starting to bore people, no one in the US cares about the "C" model, and iOS7 already got its coverage (+the beta is widely in use in the wild). In fact, if they don't refresh the rMBP at the iPhone event I expect to see literally every blog talking about how uninteresting the event was the day after.

The iPad event is probably more interesting on its own, so it may not need any help. We're probably looking at a new form factor for the big iPad (less bezel, more like the mini), and I suppose it's possible that there's a higher resolution mini (unclear). This will also be a chance to demo iOS7 on the iPad, which hasn't happened yet as far as I'm aware (?).

It's also extremely possible that I am biased by my desire to see the rMBP refresh this month.

6. ka-spot macrumors 6502a

There is a huge difference between announce and release. I hope at lease for announcement on 10th of September ;)

7. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

I'm still saving up so I'm gonna hold out and wait for WWDC 2014. ^_^

8. puma1552 macrumors 601

I bet money new MBPs won't be announced until October, and knowing Apple, it'll be the very end of October, either the 22nd or the 29th.

9. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I'm guessing the rMBP will be announced at the 10 September event, but release will come after that.

10. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Uh.. no. Why would Apple bring existing MacBook sales to a screeching halt by announcing existing stock will soon be obsolete?

11. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

By "after that" I meant a couple of days after. No week long wait or anything.

12. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

Probably. At least it will be in October, probably either announced at the iPad event or just silently updated.

Sorry, not going to happen :(

13. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Let's try again. The very "instant" Tim Cook announces any new MBP's or iPhones, they will be available for purchase that very same day.

14. thundersteele macrumors 68030

We can look at the past (via Wikipedia). Whether that provides any guidance for the future is of course unclear.

MBP Releases:

January - 2
    February - 3
    March - 1
    April - 2
    May - 0
    June - 3
    July - 0
    August - 0
    September - 0
    October - 4
    November - 1
    December - 0

First, we see that it is not surprising that nothing was announced through summer. It seems that if there is nothing new in June, then October is the next likely date.
    More interestingly, there are 5 releases between October 14 and Nov. 1, with 3 of them falling on either October 23 or 24.

There seem to be three windows:
    Late october (quite localized, roughly two week period)
    post christmas/spring update (more spread out, january - april)
    summer (early june, very localized in time)

15. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

Nope, they want the competition to get a good six month head start on Haswell.