Will Apple replace an iPhone 6 with this problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bsarmini, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Bsarmini macrumors newbie

I bought my iphone back in late September and ever since I've been having this issue with the sim card where it occasionally and randomly reads No Sim Card. To fix it I have to restart the phone which isn't too bad but really irritating if I am playing a game or on the phone. I work in a cell phone store so I pretty much did all the trouble shooting I would do if someone else had the same problem. Bought a new sim card, updated the phone to latest iOS, updated carrier settings, backed up and reset phone, everything. Would apple replace the phone or would I have to leave it with them to get repaired? I use my phone frequently at work so I really don't have time to leave it there to get repaired so I'm hoping they can just replace it like they did with my iPhone 5 when the sleep/wake button was not functional. The phone is in excellent condition with no drops by the way.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

They should. Unless it's just the SIM card; then you would check with your service provider...:cool:

3. Bsarmini thread starter macrumors newbie

First thought was to replace the sim so I bought a new one and had it activated, same issue :( It's not extremely frequent to the point where I can't do anything but it definitely is annoying especially for a brand new phone.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

The SIM card tray could be the problem and that can be replaced on the spot. Anything hardware related should be replaced on the spot if you are within the 1st year of ownership or if you have AppleCare+...