will apple replace iphones out of warranty for 199?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by steve knight, Mar 17, 2010.

1. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

my 3g phone is really acting up and silly me forgot to buy apple care before the warranty ran out. I hate and can't really afford to buy a 3gs from att right now and I would want the opportunity to get the new iphone this year.
    anyone every see the volume change when you push the power button?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

3. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

might be the way to go. the phone is usable but any pressure or touch almost on the power button raises the volume. then of course the up volume locks the phone. my iphone is possessed. Monday the mute button was not working and the phone would mute/unmute on it's own.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Sounds like you got water damage.

5. bhansensfd macrumors member

I have AT&T and when my wife cracked her screen they replaced it for $99 because we were out of warranty but our account was due for an upgrade. They still have them for this price with a two year contract so you may be able to get it replaced. If you are not using AT&T I do not know what Apple will do.

6. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

no water that's the strange thing. just started up. had a fall of less then a foot with the silicone casing on. loosened the sim card. a few days later all this started.

7. aristobrat macrumors G4

Make sure to book a Genius Bar appt. online before you go into the store to get the replacement!

8. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

yep. made one for the mute switch and I get there and it stops then he next day this happens.

9. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

well got the 3gs for 399.00 and sold my 3g on ebay in 5 minutes for 200.00 it must have been priced too low.