Will apple replace my board in my MPB

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by weemanpow3, Aug 5, 2008.

1. weemanpow3 macrumors 6502

weemanpow3

Im running bootcamp Vista unltimate x64 and I have all updated drivers and only games. When I play guild Wars its perfect until after 30 minutes or so It starts artifacting so bad until it crashes into bluescreen. I dont know how apple will replace it, if they can replace it, I have upgraded the hard drive and memory. what do I do about these? Thanks

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Uprgrading the computer does NOT void the warrantee unless you break something while you're in there.

As long as OS X works fine, they won't fix it. I doubt if it's a hardware problem, anyway.

3. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I think Tallest Skil is right, since they don't support windows under bootcamp.

However, if you are able to replicate the crashing in an OSX app (no idea what), where there seems to be an overheating problem, then you can take it in and have something they can do to check the system for ya.

4. weemanpow3 thread starter macrumors 6502

weemanpow3

damn this suck, My apple care is useless. My mac oes get very hot when I play. even the keys and trackpad start getting hot after a while. So if somehow it artifacts on the osx side apple will replace it?

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Reinstall the video drivers, check for viruses...

6. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Your apple care covers your hardware, but through the supported OSX. So lets say you happen to play again and your system totally dies and you take it in. They will fix it, but if they cannot replicate an issue because you see it in windows, and the system works fine they will not.

Play with your game settings to do a few tests. I don't know much about the game, so not sure if it is the GPU or the CPU that is overheating.