Will apple replace my headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Garussell, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Garussell macrumors member

I received my iPhone as a gift in feb 13 and my headphones broke today would apple replace these under the "1 year warranty" or is that a negative?

2. musicjunky macrumors regular

3. ljdonato macrumors member

I once had an authorized Apple reseller and repair shop replace my earphones within the one year warranty. They where in good condition, physically, but one side did not reproduced any sound. Had to wait a week for the Apple-sent replacement.

I bought that iPhone directly from ATT store, and they denied an exchange, quoting that the headphones were not covered for the 1-year warranty. But the authorized shop insisted they were, and in fact, delivered on their promise.

Now, if yours are physically broken, I don't know if that would fall in the "abused" category, not a normal wear and tear...

Wish you the best...

4. Oui macrumors 6502

Take em to apple, they will replace them if defective and not broken from abuse.

5. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Yep, just like previous posters said, they will replace them. I've had lightning cables replaced before and while I was there, they were replacing earbuds as well. They just had to check the SN of my iPhone to determine if it was still under warranty before they went ahead with the replacement. I highly doubt they will test it out, especially earbuds.