iPad Will Apple replace my iPad if I bought it at Best Buy?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dannyyankou, Oct 24, 2014.

1. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

I noticed that if I press down on a certain part of my screen, it makes a clicking sound. I was hoping to exchange it at apple tomorrow, so I was wondering if they'll take it even though I bought it somewhere else?

2. Millionaire2K macrumors 6502a

Sadly no. Return to best buy. Then buy a new one from Apple.

3. Closingracer macrumors 68020

Well yes and no. He can get a refurbished device if apple had any which I doubt
    I got a refurbished iPhone 4 and it worked perfectly. My iPhone speaker died a day after I bought it which I bought online pre order.

He can't get a new one though

4. dannyyankou thread starter macrumors 604

dannyyankou

And will they refund the full amount?

----------

It's a defect so if be surprised if they don't exchange it. I'm going to be near an Apple Store tomorrow anyway so I'll give it a shot, but I'll bring my best buy receipt in case I have to go there.

5. Ann P macrumors 68020

Will Apple replace my iPad if I bought it at Best Buy?

Return to Best Buy if still within the return/exchange period. If not, then go to Apple Store. All of their products some with a one year warranty under the serial number. Make a genius appointment and they'll definitely take care of it.

6. dannyyankou thread starter macrumors 604

dannyyankou

I won't be able to go to best buy tomorrow, but I'll be right near an Apple Store. I'll bring it in tomorrow. Thanks!

7. mattroman246 macrumors 6502

mattroman246

go to best buy within 14 days to get it replaced with a new model, if apple deems it a legit problem they will replace it for you from a white box, not guaranteed it's new but i doubt they have refurbs already so probably is

8. Closingracer macrumors 68020

Refurbs are "new" it's not like buying a used one at least that was what I was told by an Apple employee last year. The ones they give you are ones that failed QC and are sent back fixed up and then passed.

9. dannyyankou thread starter macrumors 604

dannyyankou

Exactly this. There no difference in the final result between a refurb and a new one.

10. vmflapem macrumors 6502

What happens to all the returned devices then?

11. Closingracer macrumors 68020

Sold as open box I guess ? Or they send them back fix them up and are refurbished as well

12. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

We pretend that never happened :cool:

13. Angriff macrumors member

Pretty sure this is correct. Say you return one because it has a faulty home button: they'll replace the home button, give it a full inspection then stick it in a white box as a refurb.

14. mattroman246 macrumors 6502

mattroman246

I know returns are virtually new but I'm saying at this moment in time it's pretty much guaranteed you are getting a legitimately new replacement

15. cannono macrumors regular

They replace all exposed parts in the past including button and shell except screen unless faulty.

16. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

They do what most here refuse to believe. They are gone over him sold as refurbs.

17. dannyyankou thread starter macrumors 604

dannyyankou

So I went to Apple and while they said they could replace it under the 1 year warranty, they said I wouldn't be get AppleCare on it. So I brought it to Best Buy and exchanged it without a problem.

Thanks for the tips everyone.