Will Apple replace my iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by caseyschmasey, Jul 19, 2011.

1. caseyschmasey macrumors newbie

My screen is really dark... I think the backlight died or something. Everything still "works", but I can't really see anything on the screen unless I put it under a really bright light.
    I think it's water damage (everything was fine before I left it in the bathroom, so I think my little brother might have been playing with it while/after he took a shower or something), BUT I checked the "water indicator" thing in my headphone jack and it's completely white.

I have about 2 months left on my warranty, and if they only check the indicator strip... that means they will replace it, right?

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. caseyschmasey thread starter macrumors newbie

actually the reason I posted the question was to avoid going all the way to the apple store and have them say they can't help. :p

if they replace it, will they give me the newest generation? I'm thinking they don't have boxes of the older iPod touch 3G's lying around..

4. nwbusa macrumors regular

We have no way of telling you Apple will do in your specific situation. The only way to find out is to contact Apple.

5. jonrando macrumors 6502a

Well if it's a screen issue that can't be fixed, they'll replace it for you as long as you're still on warranty. I'd bring it it, it wouldn't hurt.

6. Renator macrumors member

I recently had a problem with my 3rd gen touch. It was replaced (had Applecare), but they will replace it with the generation you have.

Sorry about that.