Will Apple replace my MBP? (Anti-Glare yellow tint issue)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by murdercitydevil, Mar 3, 2011.

1. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

So here's the deal - I have a mid 2010 MBP which I bought on launch day last year. If any of you guys have the same MBP and remember the whole yellow tint screen issue from back then, you'll know what I'm talking about. AFAIK it only happens on the anti-glare screen, which I have. There's a ton of threads about it, it's not discussed much anymore though. Anyway, I replaced my first MBP because it had the yellow tint, the genius replaced it without question in-store. The replacement model was better, so I kept it, but recently it started bothering me again, and unless I'm going crazy, it has gotten worse.

My question is do you think Apple will replace my machine again, even though it's been almost a year since I bought it? Or at the very least, replace the display? It's a pretty glaring problem and very, very easy to demonstrate. I use this MBP for design work and something like a yellow-tinted screen is kind of…well, unacceptable. I still have about a month before my warranty runs out, so technically I should get the same deal as before, right? Thanks in advance.

2. iCenturio macrumors newbie

I'm pretty sure they will replace it.

Do you have any dead or stuck pixels on your current screen? Just to make sure, remember that the replacement screen MIGHT have one of these or even more yellow tint (and as far as i know, Apple wont exchange your screen in case of bad pixels...).

3. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

I would call Apple Care asap and explain the issue. I imagine that they will replace the display and not the machine because it's nearly a year old. I've had better experiences shipping the machine to a Service Center rather than the store, they send you a box and often times complete the repair in a day or two. My Apple Store hard drive replacement took nearly two weeks due to a lack of parts and communication.