Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
So lucky me I’ve got one of those devices with crap LTE Reception and the no Power when plugging into a sleeping device issue that Unboxthreapy highlighted recently.

I’d like to go to my local Apple store and swap devices there is that doable ?

Thanks

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Was the XsMAX purchased direct from Sprint or from Apple? If you got it direct from Sprint you'll need to return it to them not Apple. If you purchased it from Apple, then yes, you can return it to Apple and ask them to swap it out for another.

Packers1958

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2017
South Dakota
So lucky me I’ve got one of those devices with crap LTE Reception and the no Power when plugging into a sleeping device issue that Unboxthreapy highlighted recently.

I’d like to go to my local Apple store and swap devices there is that doable ?

Thanks
The power issue is a known bug. It is fixed in beta 12.1. The weak LTE issue is due to a poor antenna design. Neither problem will be fixed with a replacement at this time. Your best bet is to get your money back, and try later in a few months.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
The power issue is a known bug. It is fixed in beta 12.1. The weak LTE issue is due to a poor antenna design. Neither problem will be fixed with a replacement at this time. Your best bet is to get your money back, and try later in a few months.
Maybe we’ll get a bumper like last time. However I know Tim won’t tell us we’re holding it wrong.

sincere11105

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2013

I can confirm that 12.1 fixes the sleep issue. The LTE issue is annoying. I am going to try a restore as new JUST to test, but agree. I think it’s a poor design

reset network settings didn’t help

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Alex, you are the most unlucky device owner I've ever encountered. The best advice for your question is to as a Sprint rep and not a public forum. BTW, your issues are already known bugs plaguing some devices that should be solved with an iOS update.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
If you are wanting to return and exchange with a new phone you need to take it where you bought it.

Otherwise apple supports their devices no matter where they were purchased and you would need to make a Genius appointment

thedieselwind

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2018
Alabama
I'm not knocking sprint, but they did acknowledge last week that their LTE coverage is sub-par and hope to make it better with a merger with t-mobile. That being said, poor coverage coupled with antenna issues is a bad deal. Knock on wood, but I've seen better reception with my XS max compared to my X. Hope you get it worked out!

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
If you are wanting to return and exchange with a new phone you need to take it where you bought it.

Otherwise apple supports their devices no matter where they were purchased and you would need to make a Genius appointment
Thank you to everyone for the help.
I am sure I have seen heck I’ve done it myself where I’ve taken a Sprint bought iPhone to an Apple store and they will replace it under warranty terms.
The not charging when Plugged in falls under Apples warranty provions even if it’s patched in a future iOS update which who knows when it will be out.
[doublepost=1538319151][/doublepost]
Thank you to everyone for the help.
I am sure I have seen heck I’ve done it myself where I’ve taken a Sprint bought iPhone to an Apple store and they will replace it under warranty terms.
The not charging when Plugged in falls under Apples warranty provions even if it’s patched in a future iOS update which who knows when it will be out.
I will report back later today.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
Confirmed Update.
Apple store Will Give me a New XsMAX no questions asked Not Charging is a warranty covered issue.

Also Noted that all Apple store Model XsMAX devices were infact FF serial numbers and had a slightly Cooler tone.

What sealed the deal was a side by side WiFi test the FF device destroyed my FK serial number XsMAX.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Confirmed Update.
Apple store Will Give me a New XsMAX no questions asked Not Charging is a warranty covered issue.

Also Noted that all Apple store Model XsMAX devices were infact FF serial numbers and had a slightly Cooler tone.

What sealed the deal was a side by side WiFi test the FF device destroyed my FK serial number XsMAX.
A single Wifi test doesn't really mean anything.

Glad you got the phone replaced without problem.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
A single Wifi test doesn't really mean anything.

Glad you got the phone replaced without problem.
Tommmrow the wait time was too long today. Showing up at 9:30 AM tomorrow.
But I did stop in to ask and do some side by side comparisons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.