Will Apple replace my Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by unclefarkus, Sep 12, 2016.

1. unclefarkus macrumors member

I've seen people with OLED problems but theirs are far worse. Mine is minor but noticeable. I have about 3 weeks left on my 1 year warranty and want to sell the watch since I ordered a series 2. I'll drive to an Apple Store this weekend and see, but what are initial thoughts?

It's those little black specks on the right side. Looks like an ink pen exploded.

Attached Files:

2. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

I think they will do. Just don't push it. From my experience if you don't push for refund/replace they will gladly do it for you.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Looks like a clear fault to me unlike some of the pics people out up here where in told to stand in my head and look st an angle while squinting lol. I don't imagine they'll give you a moment of trouble but I donbekeice standard procedure is to mail the phone to the repair center so be ready for that

4. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Can't see how they wouldn't replace that. It's easy to see it's not supposed to be like that. As long as there's no evidence of damage then you should be fine

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

They should replace it. Not so sure about "driving to the Apple Store" this weekend as it will be crazy and even with an appointment you will be there a half day.

6. unclefarkus thread starter macrumors member

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I may be wrong but I think they suspend appointments.