Will Apple replace the CDs that came with my macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spaceballl, Jun 23, 2007.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I've looked all over my house and I can't find them anywhere. Will Apple replace the two system restore DVDs that came with my macbook if I call them up? Anyone had experience with this?

-Kevin

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

over a year old then the cost of Tiger 10.4 retail - under, then either free or £15-20 admin charge

3. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Blast - my macbook is just over a year old. To be honest, I don't really need the CDs. Just when I sell my macbook in october or so (to grab a new powerbook with Leopard already installed), I would like to include everything to keep the resell value higher.

4. geoffy macrumors regular

Maybe you can find someone who still has their computer under warranty and just pay the shipping/ admin fees. Hopefully they will turn up. I find that the original box is a great place to store everything.

5. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

I had a messed up one, they shipped me a set overnight:)

6. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

Did you jsut ask them for it? My MBP restore disks keep hanging -- had to use my Tiger CD, and that was after a manual shut down in the middle of installation. Thank god everything was okay :eek:

7. AutumnSkyline macrumors regular

AutumnSkyline

What number should I call, should I call 1-800-my-apple or a support number??

EDIT: Use the 1-800-My-Apple #. Both discs cost about $33 including shipping/handling. I just ordered. <_<