Will apple replace this iphone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by KoraPlaya, Nov 17, 2010.

1. KoraPlaya macrumors newbie

Hey, I recently bought this phone on ebay, according to seller it has this dot (under the time/date on top) and no other issues. However, when the phone tilted I see those lines and the curve. The phone is still covered with apple of course, but will they replace it or fix it if i take there?

The phone is currently unlocked so I want to use it until there's unlock for newest firmware and baseband (whenever that occurs,) but I just want to make sure apple would fix this for me if I take it. TIA

Also, the watermark sign is white.

Attached Files:

2. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

Since its jailbroken, its a no. What you will have to do is restore it and take it in. Tell them you left your sim at home. They might give you one with a new baseband, so if you rely on an unlock you are out of luck.

3. KoraPlaya thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I know that, but will they actually replace this kind of issue? I'm not sure what the problem is, that is why I'm confused.

I know I will need to restore which is why I will use until a new firmware/baseband jb/unlock comes out for the newest firmware.

4. Mystic Eddy macrumors regular

It will get replaced. With the phone's water indicators being fine and no sign of physical damage, there's no reason they can refuse to replace it really.

5. KoraPlaya thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks guys I really appreciate it! now to wait for my sim cutter to come lol