Will Apple reset/delete my iCloud account?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Cattywampus_, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Cattywampus_ macrumors 6502a

Since the release of iOS 8 and Yosemite, keyboard text shortcuts (i.e. typing 'omw' expands to 'on my way') have not worked properly.

I have tried all sorts of things to try and get it working including deleting all the files in /User/Library/Mobile Documents/Settings/Dictionaries. This doesn't seem to actually affect the data on the iCloud server though. After deleting the files, they are just recreated/re-downloaded.

To be sure that this was an issue with my account, I created a new Apple ID and signed into it on all my 4 devices (iMac, rMBP, iPhone and iPad) and shortcuts started syncing properly again. Obviously I cannot just use this new account as all my app purchases and other Apple stuff is registered to my current ID.

I have come to the conclusion that there is an error with my account that only Apple can fix. The easiest course of action would be for Apple just to nuke my account and re-create it using the same credentials, or alternatively, I am sure they would have a way to delete all the relevant files.

This is not something I can e-mail them about, it will require a phone call. I am anticipating a lengthy, boring and fruitless troubleshooting session. I am just wondering if anyone has had any experience with similar issues that needed an account reset/deletion-recreation?

Thanks.

2. SideStepSociety macrumors 6502

SideStepSociety

Any capital letters when signing in with your Apple ID? I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't experienced it myself, but I had some strange troubles with my Apple ID when I signed in with Test@Example.com instead of test@example.com