Will Apple retail store exchange my online order?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by blankdisc, Jun 20, 2007.

1. blankdisc macrumors newbie

Will Apple retail store exchange my online order? I just purchased a MacBook Pro recently. Just found a uneven gap between the top and the bottom after close the laptop. I want to get exchange for another one, but don't really feel like to go throught the shipping thing again. It's not a pleasant experience to wait again.

2. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

Since you just bought it (I infer) then you can take it to an Apple Store near you.

3. jklps macrumors regular

Depends if it is one of the stock models the store carries..did you order one stock or bto?

4. blankdisc thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. It's the current model - MacBook Pro 2.2Ghz with LED display. I will try the store tomorrow. hopefully they will go easy on me, and give another one. Will they help me to transfer whatever application or data i have alreayd installed?

5. Habusho macrumors 6502

Try it. Is it a built to order model though? Did you add anything to the stock model? If you did, they won't exchange it for you at the store. It's unlikely they will exchange it for the uneven lid because they'll probably say it happened because of normal use. At the end it comes down to your power of persuasion.

6. WizardHunt macrumors demi-god

WizardHunt

As they say, " the squeeky wheel gets the oil " If you get my drift. ;)

7. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

I asked that before, and our local Apple Store told me they do not accept RETURNS from the online store. An exchange for a defective product, however, I can't see them declining.

8. c.joe.go macrumors regular

c.joe.go

no.

they do not take them. i'm not saying that they won't, but the circumstances have to be extraordinary. the online store/phone store/retail all function separately from one another. so, no they won't.

you can try. but expect to fail.