Will Apple Send Me A Replacement iPhone 6?

ghsNick

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
I'm not playing the trade game (it's an absolute pain) so I wanted to see if there's any way Apple will send a replacement iPhone 6 before I send my current iPhone in?

I have a Yellow'ish screen and it's not too bad, but I can definitely notice it. I want to avoid going into my Apple store since it's hard to compare and from what I've seen, I could receive worse.

Is there any way through AppleCare+ that I could have a replacement sent (compare the two) and send in a unit after I see which one is better?

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
I'm not playing the trade game (it's an absolute pain) so I wanted to see if there's any way Apple will send a replacement iPhone 6 before I send my current iPhone in?

I have a Yellow'ish screen and it's not too bad, but I can definitely notice it. I want to avoid going into my Apple store since it's hard to compare and from what I've seen, I could receive worse.

Is there any way through AppleCare+ that I could have a replacement sent (compare the two) and send in a unit after I see which one is better?
And if you don't like the replacement you are going to do what? Just send it back? :confused:

"Oh hey Apple, about that brand new phone replacement you sent me... well I changed my mind now after using it and want to send it back as I like my original phone better"

Somehow I would think Apple doesn't play games like that...

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario

that would be one one to create a pool of refurbs

nothing opened can be resold as new

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
I think you may find that Apple considers your current screen fine.

I suspect you might not be happy with the replacement either. If you cannot tell in an Apple store and want to compare them at home, under different lighting, the chances of getting the perfect screen might be low

Angriff

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2013
I think you may find that Apple considers your current screen fine.

I suspect you might not be happy with the replacement either. If you cannot tell in an Apple store and want to compare them at home, under different lighting, the chances of getting the perfect screen might be low
In my experience they geniuses are pretty good in-store about exchanging phones or other devices even if your complaint about the screen is something kind of subtle, as long as it's real.

thadoggfather

macrumors G4
Oct 1, 2007
I like this thread.

I did this with iPhone 5, luckily the replacement was perfect. But they told me back in 2012 I could send back the replacement if it was worse/more problematic functionality wise over the phone..

idk what the deal is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.