Will Apple Send Me A Replacement iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghsNick, Sep 29, 2014.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I'm not playing the trade game (it's an absolute pain) so I wanted to see if there's any way Apple will send a replacement iPhone 6 before I send my current iPhone in?

I have a Yellow'ish screen and it's not too bad, but I can definitely notice it. I want to avoid going into my Apple store since it's hard to compare and from what I've seen, I could receive worse.

Is there any way through AppleCare+ that I could have a replacement sent (compare the two) and send in a unit after I see which one is better?

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

And if you don't like the replacement you are going to do what? Just send it back? :confused:

"Oh hey Apple, about that brand new phone replacement you sent me... well I changed my mind now after using it and want to send it back as I like my original phone better"

Somehow I would think Apple doesn't play games like that...

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

that would be one one to create a pool of refurbs

nothing opened can be resold as new

4. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

5. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

I think you may find that Apple considers your current screen fine.

I suspect you might not be happy with the replacement either. If you cannot tell in an Apple store and want to compare them at home, under different lighting, the chances of getting the perfect screen might be low

6. Angriff macrumors member

In my experience they geniuses are pretty good in-store about exchanging phones or other devices even if your complaint about the screen is something kind of subtle, as long as it's real.

7. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I like this thread.

I did this with iPhone 5, luckily the replacement was perfect. But they told me back in 2012 I could send back the replacement if it was worse/more problematic functionality wise over the phone..

idk what the deal is.