Will Apple service Fido iPhones in the store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LOLZpersonok, Mar 30, 2014.

1. LOLZpersonok macrumors 6502a

LOLZpersonok

My phone's battery doesn't work properly. Anyways, my parents think we need to go to Fido to have it fixed, but I'm pretty sure you can do it at the Apple Store and it's faster there. My friend needed his battery fixed and he did it at the Apple Store and I keep telling my parents, but they're not convinced. Can someone tell me if I can have my phone fixed in the Apple Store?

2. kaielement macrumors 65816

Apple doesn't care where you bought the phones from. That being said yes tai it back to Apple. You will get a much better customer serves experience hands down.

3. LOLZpersonok thread starter macrumors 6502a

LOLZpersonok

Thank you. I don't want to take it to Fido because I'm sure they will take at least a week to fix it, whereas with my friend I think he was waiting an hour at the Apple Store for his phone to be fixed. My parents don't believe me that they can get all your phone's warranty and account information at the Apple Store, so this does help.

4. kaielement macrumors 65816

No matter where I have bought my Apple products I always go back to the Apple store for anything I need repaired or warranty issues. And yes they will know all your warranty information.

5. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

I don't know about Fido but Bell will not fix iPhones.

6. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Yeah I wouldn't go to your carrier. They can usually only replace, not repair. Only Apple or certified service providers can repair.

I went to Verizon once with signal issues (was getting 3G mostly in a good LTE area) and all they did was have me reset network settings and eventually gave me a new SIM. I've never gone to them for other issues because I have AppleCare+.

You might have to use your carrier though if you have carrier a insurance or warranty and not AppleCare+ (unless you're still in the 1 year warranty).

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Apple is the manufacturer, Fido is your wireless provider.
    You have issues with the phone you go to apple, you have problems with your wireless service or phone bill you call Fido.
    Easy;)