Will Apple ship ipad Air 2 with preinstalled iOS9

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Racineur, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Racineur macrumors regular

Racineur

Just a question that crossed my mind. Browsing through Apple site, I could se only Mini 4 comes with iOS 9 preinstalled. I'd prefer to buy a brand new iPad with a preinstalled 9 which would be a clean install if I'm not wrong. I'm near to buy my very first iPad and I want make it easy on me as much as possible.
    Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts.

2. Thares macrumors regular

Thares

There is no reason to be worried. Just install the update after you received your iPad. I did it with mine.

3. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

no it won't be

won't take long for you to install

4. Racineur thread starter macrumors regular

Racineur

Hello to you, thanks for your answers. The reason I was asking is that everywhere all the time, a clean install is more valued than an upgrade. So I wonder why there's no iPad Air 2 shipping with iOS 9 now that it's out. Just curious.

5. pika2000 macrumors 68030

You can always "clean install" iOS on an iDevice. Just have iTunes download iOS9 and do a restore to factory.

6. Racineur thread starter macrumors regular

Racineur

OK then. By now you must know I don't have any iOS device, just an iMac and three old Android devices (Blu Life Pure mini / HTC One S / Galaxy Tab 3). I'm in the process of deciding (like so many others from what I read here) between a Mini 4 and an Air 2. This will be my first iOS device. Thought it couldn't be so but I'm a bit anxious to leave the Android world and in the same time fed up with its lack of communication with anything Apple.

7. Freyqq macrumors 68040

Inevitably, apple will ship them with ios 9, likely when they go through all their currently packaged ipad stock. Either way, updating is pretty painless.

8. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Eventually all iGadgets, old and new, will come with iOS 9+ installed. However, until older products in inventory that were packaged before the release of iOS 9 run through, you may still get a device with iOS8+ installed.

9. Phisherman81 macrumors 6502

Phisherman81

Yeah, I picked one up yesterday, it had 8.4 installed.

If you want the cleanest install of iOS 9 on your iPad, I'd immediately connect it to iTunes and do a restore.