iPhone 7(+) Will Apple still sell iPhone 7 after iPhone 11 announcement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LovingTeddy, Aug 9, 2019.

1. LovingTeddy macrumors 68000

LovingTeddy

My mother is still carrying his 6, the battery is kind dying. My mother does not want anything expensive, so I think I am going with iPhone 7 for her. Thinking it will be in discount after the announcement. Would Apple keep selling iPhone 7 as entry level iPhone or it will drop iPhone 7 and make iPhone 8 as entry level. I feel that with iPhone 8, it will be too expensive for my mother’s taste. She is looking for something around 400CAD.

2. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

You should pick android device instead. Apple will never drop their oldest generation iPhone price to below 400 CAD, even for baseline model.

And, iPhone 8 will more than likely be the last model Apple is selling after iPhone 11.

3. LovingTeddy thread starter macrumors 68000

LovingTeddy

There are few refurbished or reconditioned iPhone 7 on the market. Canadacomputer is selling for 349CAD. I feel little bit uncertain about refurbished or reconditioned iPhone. But heck, I will give a try if Apple drops iPhone 7.

4. wproct macrumors 6502

wproct

My only question is whether she experiences any arthritis issues in her hands? My wife and I are in our mid to upper 70's and we recently upgraded our 6s Iphones with 8 Iphones. We did it because of the size of the phone and lower cost. I also wanted to stay with the home button phones. What I didn't realize was how much stiffer in operation the haptic home buttons were on the 7-8 series. My arthritis is really raising it's ugly head in my hands, and it is really bothering me. Really wish we had bought the XR instead.

5. JPack macrumors 601

JPack

iPhone 7 with discount pricing would likely be available from carriers only, similar to iPhone 6s for a period of time after September 2018.

6. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

That's right. Apple might not officially sell them anymore, but all stock won't disappear off the face of the Earth. Carrier and other retail stores will likely be selling off units at a discount to clear stock.

7. LovingTeddy thread starter macrumors 68000

LovingTeddy

I brought iPhone 6S a while ago at Costco, as I need a phone for temporary use. My mother in law came to Canada and need a Canadian phone. To my surprise it was manufactured March this year.

I would think Apple will continue manufacture iPhone 7 and sell through various channel.

Good. I will go to different carrier to check out.

Thanks
    --- Post Merged, Aug 9, 2019 ---
    I don’t think they do. They are in their late 50th.

I would suggest you enable assistive touch. So that might help you

Attached Files:

8. AustinIllini macrumors demi-goddess

AustinIllini

Get the ones from the Apple refurb store. Get Apple Care. Low risk.

9. LovingTeddy thread starter macrumors 68000

LovingTeddy

Unfortunately, Apple does not sell refurbished iPhone directly to Canada. Unless I am using third party delivery companies (which Apple will delivery to a predetermined address, and then delivery company will send the item to Canada). I do not feel comfortable doing so.

10. AustinIllini macrumors demi-goddess

AustinIllini

Wasn't aware of that. sorry about that.

I would definitely consider Swappa. That's where I got my Max from. $800. not too bad.

11. Sellatease macrumors newbie

Sellatease

i

I think you should go for the refurbished iPhone 7 or a neatly used iPhone. That will reduce cost and it's also pocket friendly.

But you have to be careful not to buy a faulty iPhone. You should run a thorough test on it before paying for it.

12. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I’d say it will be slashed from the iPhone lineup. Consolidation is a good thing, and iPhone 8 will be the true ‘entry-level’ phone with a discounted price.

13. kevink2 macrumors 65816

I suspect the 7 will take the place of the 6s on the inexpensive prepaid market (<$200, locked for a year). The SE was in this market before the 6s.

14. Falhófnir macrumors 68040

Falhófnir

If they follow their usual pattern, it will be the new 'XIR' for $749, the XR for $649, the 8/+ for $449/$569 and the 7 will be discontinued from Apple's own lineup but will continue to be made and sold through third party retailers only (including cellular carriers)

15. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

If the phone is still ok except for the battery, why not just replace the battery? It's $50 in the US (I'm too lazy to check the Canadian Apple website).

Unless she needs a newer iPhone to take advantage of the newest features, the 6 is still an OK phone.

16. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

oVerboost

As mentioned, get a new battery in it and keep using it.

17. LovingTeddy thread starter macrumors 68000

LovingTeddy

My mother went to Apple Store today for battery change. Thanks all

18. iOZZY macrumors regular

iOZZY

Amazon UK sell brand new stock from the 6s onwards.

I’ve just replaced my 6 Plus with a 6s Plus and noted the 6s was manufactured week 9 2019.

19. LovingTeddy thread starter macrumors 68000

LovingTeddy

Amazon Canada does not sell brand new iPhones, LOL. Every time I look at Amazon Canada, I feel lots of things are missing under Amazon Canada. Maybe because we have such small population?

20. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Population has nothing to do with Amazons limitations in Canada, restrictions on what Amazon can post/sell is governed by Canadas regulations for trade goods/distribution.

21. Jar Jar Abrams macrumors newbie

Your mother needs to stop carrying his 6, it’s time her son you stopped buying her the equivalent of “hand me downs” the 7 is 4 years old, buy him a XR. Mothers are the greatest and deserve the best so buy him the best.
    Ipads are a different story, my mum is using my generation 1 iPad from 2010, mums don’t deserve the best iPads or sons ....