Will Apple Store extend return period on exchanged new phones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AnalyzeThis, Aug 19, 2008.

1. AnalyzeThis macrumors 6502

quite a few folks exchanged theirs. I am planning to give another iPhone a shot. Would Apple store give another 14 days for return of the exchanged iPhone? Any experience?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

It is covered by a warranty for a year, so they will replace it with a random "white box" phone after the 14 days. I say random, because some are new and some are refurbs, although I suspect that they are all currently new.

TEG

3. AnalyzeThis thread starter macrumors 6502

I am less than 14 days for far.

Would they give me another 14 days?

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Probably not. Notice on the receipt that they continue to use the same 14 day return period...:(

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

Like TEG said, if you have a warranty issue, they'll give you what's left of your year to swap out your phone.

If you're just trying to swap it out for the sake of swapping it out, I doubt they'll do that outside of the 14 day exchange window.

But again, if you have a reproducible problem, the Genius Bar will swap it as many times as it takes during the first year.

6. AnalyzeThis thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, it is a straight return then. Would dump belkin case and protective cover I did not use as well.

I wanted to exchange it on Monday and the Genius pulled a brand new one. We could not complete it at the time b.o, employee discount was applied and he could not activete a new iPhone. I removed discount since, so it does not stand in the way.

So long iPhone...

7. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

I bought mine on July 11th and have replaced it four times, going on five this week, so they will let you exchange it if there is an issue with it.

The List:

1) bought on the 11th, replaced a week later because cracks developed
    2) cracks and network connection issues
    3) major scratching that was not user related right out of the small white box
    4) received on the same day as #3, went back because of cracks & scratches right out of the box
    5) my current one, cannot connect to any WiFi network no matter what troubleshooting I've tried; my guess is a faulty/defective chip

When will it end..............................(Black 16GB, fyi)

8. AnalyzeThis thread starter macrumors 6502

Did they gave you a new receipt. If so what your Return Date say? Was it changed?
    Of course I have an issue. It drops 4 calls out ot 5 (nice 3 short beeps and call failed message).