Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hcmitchellr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
I have tried calling my local store and I cant get anyone to pick up...

I have been browsing these forums for months now waiting on the Pro updates. I was really praying that Apple would release a product that would release a product that would meet my professional and personal needs...but oh well.

I will be buying 2 laptops. One for work (MAC) and one for play http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+...lack/9741729.p?id=1218165344675&skuId=9741729)

Will the Apple store discount the older 13" MacPros? I am now looking to spend the least I can because going "top-end" on a Mac is pointless now. I could almost ge away with an iPAD if it had a USB and could do file transfers.

hcmitchellr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
I just got back from my local store....and there is an "End of Life" discount on all older MacBooks that are still in stock.

The manager couldn't give me exacts beacuse he said he would have to ring up each laptop. However, it seems it is $100 off each system plus whatever the price difference between the new and the old models. So you would have $100 off the low-end 13" and $300 of the base 17".

He tried to sell me on an end of life 13", but $100 off isn't enough for me considering it has half the RAM and a much smaller HDD. However, someone might find the other models a good deal if there was something about them they preferred and are not happy wth the new models.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.