Will Apple stores have ipad stock before opening?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by borgqueenx, Mar 8, 2012.

1. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

Just wondering....i can order a train ticket online, but then im bound to times i have to travel.
    So im wondering how it was with other launches, did the official apple stores had stock before opening their store on launch day?

2. eclipseblur954 macrumors regular

yup, they'll probably start receiving them next week and have them in storage

3. borgqueenx thread starter macrumors 65816

did this also happen with previous launches?

i know that in the netherlands the resellers did got the stock desame day...but they didnt know what time but to tell the truckdriver was on its way.

but im visitting a official store this time, no reseller.

4. eclipseblur954 macrumors regular

Resellers are always a little iffy on launch days, but last years launch was completely different than this years, no one was allowed to sell the iPad until 5PM on friday. This time around they'll be able to sell it once the doors open, so i'm sure they'll have stock at least by the day before

5. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

Do you have a source for that info? A lot of people have been wondering it, since Apple Stores claim not to know yet.

6. eclipseblur954 macrumors regular

It would have been announced already if they were going to do a different launch setup than usual (i.e how they specified the iPad 2 launch being something different)

7. borgqueenx thread starter macrumors 65816

how do you know that for sure?
    Anything on apple's website?
    I indeed remember the ipad 2 could only be shipped from 5pm. Wich sucked but it was in my own country so i had no rush or schedule. But it came at 4:30pm into stock according to the local salesmen. So they didnt have it before opening anyways.
    And i also got in line for the 4S, and same story. i waited before opening, and they sold me one at about 3pm, because thats when the truck driver arrived. Now those are all just resellers, but its just that im in trouble if i cant make the train that launch day. the tickets sold online are also bound by time.
    I need to be certain that apple official store will have stock, before they open. So that i can go early in line, knowing when to get my hands on one, then go away to the train station.

And that 5pm story of the ipad 2 came out like 3 days before launch? :(

8. eclipseblur954 macrumors regular

No the no preorder 5 PM launch was set from the announcement on day one, no surprises. Apple stores have a different approach than resellers, While resellers will have a normal day on the 16th along with introducing the ipad, Apple stores on the other hand, on the 16th 99% of the attention will be towards the iPad launch. Although it may vary from country to country, but I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt an apple store wont have stock of one of their highest profiting products at the right time on launch day.

9. borgqueenx thread starter macrumors 65816

Sounds good. exept i dont wanna go through this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHBk2BQn8jU
    The Apple store i wanna go to is in a mall. Meaning once that mall opens, you still have to go to the apple store inside.
    People are crushing each other to get there.
    What a stopid system.

10. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

The Apple Store I will be going to is inside a mall, too. Thankfully the two times I have been there (for iPad2 and iPhone4), it has been very organized. Hopefully this time will be the same.

11. borgqueenx thread starter macrumors 65816

i hope it will be at germany desame.
    I will call apple and ask them what they are going to do about it.
    But one important question remains, kinda stopid but still, if some dude waits over 6 hours, he will need to go to the toilet once....How? Do people accept it when he comes back, or...?

12. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

I agree, they would announce if the launch setup was different than it was last year. And last year it was at 5 pm.

13. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Remember, Apple likes to keep their customers in the dark.

There is no way to know.

Applying common sense is also risky... Apple is very unpredictable.