Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
dotdotdot said:
I'm a hardcore gamer with a 2.4 GHz Windows with a GeForce 128 MB and 1 GB Ram...

Yeah... ok... whatever.

What I meant is that the hardcore gamer (like yourself) already has a(ny) suitable gaming PC (like yours). Or an XBox etc.
So a nice Mac mini next to it would be a very good idea. Just don't use that Mac as a gaming machine.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
dotdotdot said:
I'm a hardcore gamer with a 2.4 GHz Windows with a GeForce 128 MB and 1 GB Ram...
well im a hardcore gamer with a AMD 3500+ and 6800Gt with 256 video memory.... stilll think mini needs more then a measly 32 but its still a bargain with that. :cool: go figure.

manchurian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
miloblithe said:
exactly. A lot of computers in this range come with "integrated" graphics, so 32MB isn't bad.

We'd all love more options. It would be nice to be able to get a kind of spiffed-up $800 or so mini with a better graphics card, another memory slot, and so on, but it's not the mac way.

I'd rather pay $549 for 64MB RAM because when the animations are choppy, it's not such a "nice" experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.