will apple upgrade macbook pro either?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zhoudemian, Oct 20, 2009.

1. zhoudemian macrumors newbie

hi guys, i just saw apple website upgraded their imac products line. i am wondering if apple is going to upgrade macbook pro as well? coz the new quad-core prossesor in iMac is very interesting me. will apple replace the core duo prossesor with quad-core in macbook pro recently?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The quad core is a desktop processor. The quad core notebook processor is yet to come. If they were going to update the MBP in this time frame, it would have been announced today. Apple doesn't typically announce updates, then add more a few days or weeks later.

3. zhoudemian thread starter macrumors newbie

m8, do u think whether apple update macbook pro in 2010 or not? if do so, when will be the appropriate time?

4. melchior macrumors 65816

melchior

apple will of course update the macbook pro in 2010. it is unlikely that an update will be released before arrandale chipset is available. no laptop is available with this microarchitecture at this time. Q1 2010 seems likely.

5. 10THzMac macrumors 6502

I think this is the opposite of correct. There are mobile quad core chips out and you can buy a Dell Alienware laptop in 15 and 17in sizes containing one, and there are now half a dozen PC laptop makers doing them. Yet again Apple have disappointed me by not producing the quad core MBP. I am THIS close to buying a non-Apple laptop for parallel processing demos. very disappointed by the announcement. Grrrr...

6. melchior macrumors 65816

melchior

this is in fact correct, though the reason apple doesn't produce a model with the quad core is that the power consumption is significantly higher. IMO it should be a BTO option, however it is possible the current cooling design of the 17" is insufficient. arrandale should offer quad options are a lower power consumption point.

7. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Right. Otherwise, we'd all have nothing to do for the next three or four months.