Will Apple Upgrade Program work for pre-orders?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KdParker, Sep 6, 2016.

1. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

I asked Apple two question around AUP during pre-orders:

Will AUP allow the option for delivery?
    What happens when the link to Citizens Bank blow up with all the traffiic?

Answer to the first question was yes, but followed with 'However, that could change'

As for the second question I was told we could call in and continue the transaction, but the hours given for calling were 6am - 12 am CT.

Either this rep has no clue how fast pre-orders go or AUP will only go as well as Citizen's Bank can keep up with the ordering process. (maybe both)

2. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

Yeah I'm worried Citizen's Bank is gonna poop the bed for pre-orders but I'm gonna try anyway. Hoping this year the phone won't sell out too quickly.

3. sjc83 macrumors 6502

sjc83

4. KdParker thread starter macrumors 601

KdParker

True but I have heard of the Citizens Bank having connectivity issues normally. I can't imagine they can keep up with the pre-orders.

5. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

Well t mobile is even trickier. No online AUP orders. I'm hoping I can at least reserve one and make an appointment to pick it up

6. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

Don't even trust citizens bank staying up without issues that night. I will stick with my tried and true method. Selling my old phone online. Buy the new phone at full price. And I can't still pay off the balance of the phone in 12 months and zero interest on my citibank visa. So there is no incentive to even try the apple upgrade program for me.