Will Apple vet the cases they offer for free?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dgreen1069, Jul 19, 2010.

1. dgreen1069 macrumors newbie

Just wondering if you all think Apple will take a hard look at the cases it plans to offer later this week. It seems most cases are causing some issue with the flash in low light wide angle photos. I had a Belkin Grip Vue that I liked (protection and looks wise), but ended up taking back because of the flash issues. I'm sure Apple recognized the problem when the developed the Bumper, but I wonder if they will research the issue before offering alternatives to us for our "Free" case.

2. captainAJ macrumors newbie

Flash issue

What do you think is the problem of the case? (that causes the flash issue)

Instead of Apple offer free bumpers and possibly a range of limited third party cases, I hope they would just give us refund/reimbursement for cases purchased from everywhere. Now that would be awesome =]

3. dgreen1069 thread starter macrumors newbie

Most cases that cover the back of the phone are causing flash photos to overexpose. If the cases are colored, the flash photos can have a hue similar to the color of the case. My guess is that the cases are cut too close to either the flash, camera, or both. Light is reflecting off the case and back into the camera instead of just bouncing off the object you are photographing like it is supposed to.