Will applecare cover this case problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by elvis6093, Jan 16, 2010.

1. elvis6093 macrumors newbie

Hi
    I have a 2 year old white macbook and 1 year left on apple care. The endge of the the macbook has come away where my right hand rests. Really just cosmetic i guess but would worry about water etc get into the gap - do you think that apple care would cover this or say it was wear and tear ?
    Thanks for help - pic attached

Attached Files:

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

3. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I had the same problem on my late 2007 macbook. I didn't even have Apple Care but they still replaced the top case section free of charge. Just go into see a Genius and be nice.

4. ramases macrumors member

I believe that if you speak to an apple genius nicely then you would get it repaired even if you did not have applecare. I've had a similar problem and my local Apple store replaced the case. I didn't have applecare and the MacBook was over 2 years old. (The genius told me it was a 'manufacturing issue'). The problem is caused by the small raised tab on the screen surround. Occasionally it puts too much pressure on the bottom part of the case when closed. This can cause cracking on the either side of the trackpad.

5. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

My gf had that problem and they fixed it. Assuming its not from accidental damage, its a known issue with those..

6. firewater macrumors regular

I had my 2006 macbook change last year even without applecare, so dont worry apple knows thats been a problem. Just go in they will change the top case along with a new keyboard:)

7. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020