Will AppleCare do something about my chipped MBPr?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by turtlemac, Oct 3, 2016.

1. turtlemac macrumors newbie

Hi all,

So being a perfectionist, I have come to realised that my macbook pro has a couple of chips on the keyboard palm rest as well as the top of the screen opening.

Do you reckon that if I were to take it in to Applecare, they could do something about it? Has anyone had any experience with Apple doing something for them regarding this?

I'm still under Apple Care and I have had my mac for a little over a year now.

Thanks!

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

No. Cosmetic issues that don't affect the functionality of the system are not covered.

3. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

I can state that from experience you are correct.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Nope, user damage is not covered, only manufacturer defects

5. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

What makes you think Apple or any company should fix/repair something that you/owner break? Would you ask your car dealer to fix a chipped body work for free? All warranties (including Apple care) only fixes manufacturing defects. Stop dreaming and wake up.

6. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

I've actually had dealerships pay to repair chips in my car. Of course it was a brand new car. And the chip appeared while they were working on it.

7. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

That's because it's their fault and not yours. You reckon they will repair it when the chip is already there when you bring it in? Moreover, that's not warranty. They should fix it even if the warranty has passed.