Will applecare repair this?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blooperz, Apr 16, 2015.

1. blooperz, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015

blooperz macrumors 6502

Hi guys I would love your input on this...

So I was cleaning my screen the other day and noticed some markings near the webcam. I thought that they were oil smudges at first, but they won't come off and I suspect the coating is coming off. Has anyone had any experience with this and with how apple will handle it? I have about 7 months left on my apple care and while it is not bothersome right now, I am afraid it will spread to the part of the screen I actually use.

p.s I have not used any cleaners on my screen ever. The only thing I have tried is a microfiber cloth dampened with some distilled water (but not "wet"). My guess is that it is near where I open/close the case so perhaps the oils from my skin caused it. I feel like that is something that should be covered as normal wear/tear since it certainly was not abused in any way.

Just posting here first until I have a chance to drop by an apple store.

Any input would be great

[​IMG]

2. cruisin macrumors 6502a

cruisin

The only thing you can do is ask Apple. They might refuse a repair as they can claim wear and tear, but they might not. But will likely spread based on other peoples experiences.

In this thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1624907) the individual managed to get it replaced. Good luck!

3. blooperz thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the link, that is exactly what mine looks like! I guess I'll just have to take it in to apple and see what they say