Will Apple's Mobile Payment Service Offer "Cash" Back?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jlake02, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

So it seems apparent that Apple will announce its mobile payment service (iWallet?) on Tuesday.

Does anyone else think it would make sense to offer some type of "cash" back program to encourage users to adopt the new technology?

Example: 1% "cash" back (credit in iTunes)

It seems to me that such a program would encourage more people to use iWallet and would keep them shopping at iTunes (versus a pure cash back like some cards offer).

:apple:

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

It would be in their best interest to offer cash back or some type of incentive. I'd just continue to use Amex instead if they don't.

3. PsykX macrumors 6502a

PsykX

It seems obvious to me that all they wanna do is access your iTunes account with the Touch ID sensor, and use whatever credit card you have there to make your transaction... so you'll have the same programs as you have on your cards.

If they offer these cashback programs, it's because VISA, Mastercard and Amex have agreed to transfer an amount of money to Apple per transactions to pay for all of that, and these companies are GREEEEEEDY (read with Kevin O'Leary's voice) and they will never do that.

4. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

This. ^^^^^

A transaction via your iTunes account from your credit card is still just a normal transaction. The benefit for the company to accept Apples NFC is that they will get charged a lower percentage rate by the CC company per transaction.
    The user sees benefits if you transfer money from your CC to iTunes account in the form of lower % rates.
    To ask for more is an exercise in futility.

5. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

If they did do something with cash back, I would be very interested. Otherwise, I wasn't planning on using their mobile payment service.

6. asharahmed macrumors regular

asharahmed

Yes! Finally a Canadian who watches Dragon's Den!

7. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.