Will Applestore do a trackpad repair while I wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Crugga, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Crugga macrumors regular

Just curious.
    Ive got a late 2013 15" and the trackpad has gone wrong, the click has gone on the right side so its working but just not as well as i'd like.
    From what I gather they have to replace more than just the trackpad because of how its put together.
    Is this likely to be something they carry and can do on the spot or is it likely id have to have it sent away for repairs?. I really cant be without a machine due to work commitments and there are far more local service centres that can do it in a week but if they would be able to do quick id rather go that way. Atleast if I know its going I can arrange to borrow something for a few days.
    UK btw.

2. Dekard macrumors 6502

Dekard

I've rarely seen them do any repairs same day while I wait. YMMV

3. TheIguana macrumors 6502a

TheIguana

Most repairs at the Apple Store are done overnight when the store is closed. Sometimes if it is something quick they will do it on the spot but generally its an overnight kinda gig.

4. Zexel macrumors member

On a late 2013 rMBP, the top case contains the trackpad, keyboard, and battery. If any of these fail, the technician would have to replace the entire top case, so there's no way it could be done while you wait.

5. Sifinity macrumors 6502

Sifinity

it really depends on the store and your luck lol , i had dropped mine off thinking it would take 2-3 days , they called me in 2 hours saying they had fixed , then i went to go pick it up apparently another guy with a similar last name and same classic 13" macbook pro was getting his done at the same time , so they switched our laptops up and he took mine home accidentally , so he brought it back and i got it back the next day and no charge for the repair :p , the thing is really depends on the day and your luck

----------

isn't it under the one year warranty ? so can't you get it fixed for free?

6. Crugga thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks people.
    Looks like theres a wait then either way.
    Yes its under a year so should be free providing I didnt somehow spill something in there but tbh spilling something without killing the whole machine would be a skill in itself and im sure i'd remember if I did.
    Im hopefull they'd hold these in stock and its quick, as you say above the keyboard, battery and trackpad are on the same piece so I presume if any of those fail its the same part.