Will archive and install wipe out all my apps ?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dwl017, Oct 3, 2007.

1. dwl017 macrumors 6502a

dwl017

I have a 17" iMac G5 1.8Ghz which has worked like a horse until last night when I launched Adobe After Effects Pro and watched a few movies I had on the hard drive. When I launch the machine this morning I had lost the crystal clear sharp image and now the display and fonts look dull and fuzzy. I created a new user account and everything is clear and sharp when I switch to the new account what caused my old admin account to go nuts after I shut down last night ? If I do a archive and install will I loose all my iphoto content, emails Photoshop apps etc.

Thanks

2. Chromako macrumors member

I've never heard of this problem... sure your font smoothing (in the appearance panel in your system preferences) or your colour profile in the monitors panel isn't causing problems? In any case, if the problem is non-existent in your new account then it is unlikely to be solved by a system reinstall. However, archive and reinstall will not wipe your apps, though some may require reinstallation. Most will not. Hope this helps at all...

3. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

If you're worried about any particular apps, move or copy them to the user applications folder from the main applications folder.