Will AT&T/Apple stores have iPhone 4s on release day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mra1989, Jun 17, 2010.

1. mra1989 macrumors member

First off, I'm a newb, so try not to slaughter my thread. I'm just curious. Next week on the 24th, will AT&T or apple stores have iPhone 4s for people without preorders to snag if only a few devices? Sorry if the topic was already posted. I didn't see it upon my attempt to research it.

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Yes, but there may not be enough for everyone that wants one.

3. scovarrubias23 macrumors newbie

Yes there should be some left for people with out pre-orders! But it is a first come first service! So if you plan on getting one on the 24th get ready to camp out early. Good luck!

4. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I called my local ATT I think they will be the best bet for those camping out. if you don't have a reservation at the apple store don't even bother. Long lines for the ones who do have reservations and they'll get priority. Atleast at the ATT store it's first come first serve except those with pre orders will not be given priority (but their units won't be sold).

5. mra1989 thread starter macrumors member

Haha you know I've had a ton of electronics over the years that have done the whole masses of people outside the store on release date thing, yet I have never done it. I say I give it a go this time. Any tips on how to beat the others out. What time do I get their to maximize my probability of getting one?

6. christyn macrumors 6502a

Given the demand, most locations entire stock will likely go to those camping out imo.

7. VicX macrumors member

VicX

how early? i can't be too crazy about this..

8. scovarrubias23 macrumors newbie

My best advice is to get to the store early! All I know is that Apple stores will open at 7am. So I personally would get there at 3am or 4am just to be on the safe side of things. Its going to be a zoo on the 24th! :eek:

9. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

That's far too late :)

10. mra1989 thread starter macrumors member

My AT&T store is literally two minutes away from may house so I'll just head there at 2AM with a 5hour energy and a good singing voice (I stink at singing) maybe the lot will empty and I'll have my choice of the litter.

11. Fenir macrumors regular

When I camped out for the 2g, I was there at 11pm and about 40th in line. For the 3GS, I was there at 9pm and first in line, and there weren't more than 4 people in the line til 5am.

So it def. varies by launch, but with the limited supply, 5am is wayyy too late; esp. if you want a 32gb since those will be in the higher demand. I say go at midnight.

EDIT: should say that was at my local AT&T Store.

12. wsu108 macrumors newbie

I went to ATT store to ask questions about the pre-order on June 15. The store manage told me that there are 2 stock pools for iPhone 4, one for pre-order, one for the launch day.

Although, she didn't know how many iPhone 4s. So I will say go to store early.

13. mra1989 thread starter macrumors member

Given my close proximity to my local AT&T store I'll probably check out the crowd if there is any at 9 and 10pm the evening before and then base that for whether I go at 2AM or right away.

14. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

With the Best Buy (i pre-ordered from), ATT and Walmart all within a mile from each other, I plan on getting there early. I thought a couple hours early would suffice, But I think now I will just get there around 2ish. Since AT&T is rite before the Best Buy I'm headed too I will peep out the line there and possibly get in there. Seeing as how they will be open 3 hours before BB.

But with a pre-order, or reserved phone at Best Buy, Im fairly confident they will have one for me if I get there first.

Blonde Buddhist

15. countrydweller macrumors 6502

countrydweller

I'll go to Starbucks, next door to AT&T, sip coffee and surf the web till they open. Then wait if the line is to long.