Will AT&T include Mobile Hotspots

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bid2ask77, Jan 11, 2011.

?

Will AT&T include Mobile Hotspots

1. They Will Include it.

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. They will Not Include it

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  1. bid2ask77 macrumors regular

bid2ask77

Who thinks AT&T will include this now that verizon did?

2. phreebsd macrumors regular

maybe we can just steal the app to enable the functionality.

3. TheRazz macrumors newbie

I doubt AT&T will add it, cause they would have already at this point. Either way I'm sure this feature can be unlocked somehow by jailbreaking.

4. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

This is a pretty worrying issue IMO.

This functionality is built in to iOS (it's not an App).

It's possible that Apple had to tweak the hardware in the CDMA iPhone to allow this to work.

If it is purely software, then I question why Apple wouldn't implement this on the GSM/UMTS iPhone. There are tens of carriers using the iPhone 4 around the world. If AT&T doesn't want customers to use the feature (or if they want to charge customers to use it) then that should be configured just like the Tethering feature is now. I'm sure many carriers would like to use this feature.

5. bid2ask77 thread starter macrumors regular

bid2ask77

I feel one of the reasons why verizon added it was because it is one of the biggest reasons why people jailbreak there Iphones. so this way they can keep track of the real data used on the phone.

6. Aatos.1 macrumors 6502

Verizon is a cellular carrier. They don't make iPhones, Apple does. I think you may already have known this but got confused.

Apple copied other manufacturers that have offered this feature for a long time.

It's nothing to get all excited about unless you're Apple, where every little move is "Magical & Revolutionary"

7. Weiser878 macrumors regular

8. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I am sure it will at some point, just like MMS and tethering itself, it will be the last Carier in the world to have it, but it will eventually have it

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's what I'm hoping for. If we wait for AT&T they will prob take 3 years to add it.
    Hope apple enables it for other international gsm carriers so a switch can be turned on with jb iPhones.