Carrier Will AT&T reset my 2yr upgrade? When requesting a nano sim for Tmobile 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cdub2235, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Cdub2235 macrumors member

Hi all,

I'm going to snag a Tmobile 6+ eventually...when I do I'll need to get a Nano sim. So I'll have to bring the phone to the AT&T store.

My current game plan is pay full retail now for the 6+ then by next release 6+S i'll be able to pay the subsidized upgrade with AT&T

Does anyone know if bringing in the Tmobile unlocked phone and getting a new Nano sim will reset my 2 year agreement? IDK if they do this just because you got a new phone....I'd be really upset if they did though.

I've seen a few posts here of people just swapping their sim to from their current phone to the unlocked phone. But In my case I'll need to visit an AT&T store to get a new nano sim. I'm worried they might take away my upgrade eligibility if I do that.

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

No, simply getting a new ATT SIM card for another phone does not affect your upgrade date whatsoever.

If you need reassurance simply have the rep print you out a page showing your non-affected upgrade date before you leave the store.

3. Cdub2235 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks I hope you're right :cool:

Can anyone else confirm?

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

5. Cdub2235 thread starter macrumors member